There are many types of stair lifts for disabled in the home. Some of the different types of stair lifts available on the market include battery powered stair lifts, electric powered stair lifts, heavy duty stair lifts, outdoor stair lifts, and curved stair lifts.
Many people are faced with mobility challenges, and feel as if they have no option, but to sell their 2 story home. There is no need to sell your home, but you may want to consider purchasing, and installing a stair lift.
Top 5 Stair Lift Companies:
(This list was current as of 1/21/12, for an updated list please visit our Stairlift Reviews and sort by rating)
- Jameson Medical: Offers stair lifts, installation, and self-installation advice. Jameson Medical offers stair lifts designed for people, and cargo. Prices range from $1,300 - $6,000.
- Acorn Stairlifts: Offers straight, curved, and outdoor stair lifts. There is no pricing information available online, must call for a quote.
- AmeriGlide: Offers many different types of stair lifts including battery powered, electric, heavy duty, outdoor, commercial, and curved. Prices range from $1,300 - $10,400.
- Bruno: Offers straight rail stair lifts, custom curved rail stair lifts, outdoor straight, or outdoor curved stair lifts. There is no pricing information available online, must call for a quote.
- ThyssenKrupp: Offers three different types of stair lifts, but does not have any pricing information available online. Must call for a quote.
Top 5 Reasons to Purchase a Stair Lift:
- Reduce the risk of falls: Stairs are a risk to an aging senior. Installing a stair lift eliminates worry, fear of falling, and reduces the risk of falling.
- Promote independent living: There is no longer a need to ask for help to climb the stairs.
- Temporary disabilities: Stair lifts are a great solution for temporary disabilities, such as broken leg(s), ankle(s), hip(s), etc.
- Aging at home: Stair lifts allow seniors to age in the comfort of their own home as opposed to an assisted living center, or nursing home.
- Family remains in family home: There is no longer a need to uproot the family out of the family home, and into a home with one level.
There are many different reasons why people want to purchase a stair lift. Ultimately, a stair lift is the cheapest method to a senior-proof home. Along with reducing the risk of falls, stair lifts can ease the minds of seniors, and their loved ones by allowing seniors mobile access to all floors of the home safely.
Stair lifts are a comfortable, inexpensive way to promote mobility for seniors, and disabled. Stair lifts can save thousands of dollars in the long run with eliminating the need to relocate. Stair lifts are a price-efficient solution for people with limited mobility.